person responcible for configuring, managing, system is called system administrator.
Task for linux system administrator :
(1) Installing supporting and maintaining server.
(2) User and group administration
(3) Maintaining system.
(4) Verifying that peripherals are working properly or not.
(5) Creating and managing file systems,user,groups etc.
(6) System and data backup,system restore.
(7) Updating and upgrading task related to os and other application.
setup security and more........about.....at...
nixcraft-inside into linux admin work by Mr. vivek gite.